To provide the participants with the required knowledge and skills to carry out the location and avoidance of underground services when involved with excavation works.
Location and Avoidance of Underground Services
SOLAS / QQI
Who should attend
All trainees must be over 18 years of age, be a holder of a valid Safe Pass Card and must provide a recent passport photo and PPS No.
Delegates per course
Max 4 per trainer / 8 applicants – 2 trainers
– Use of SOLAS PowerPoint presentation
– Legal & Occupational Responsibilities
– Liaison with others
– Risk Assessment
– Planning the work
– Safe Systems of Work
– Video Presentation
– Introduction to location & detection equipment – functional checks
– Practical on-site location of underground services (by each delegate)
– Practical techniques for locating various services – pipes, cables, street lighting, concrete reinforcing bars and locating tee connections.
– Further practical exercise – incorporating all associated equipment
– Maintenance & storage of equipment
– Safe digging techniques
– Questions & Answers
On successful completion a CSCS card and SOLAS certificate will be issued. Cards are valid for a period of five years and certificate is valid for life.